Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life. It's about not slowing down to look both ways to see what others think of you.

Its 3:30 pm and the warm rays of the sun are finally making their appearance from the sun. Small rivlets of rain run down the sides of the overflowing gutter, the roof top of the small white house emits small twirling towers of steam as the rainwater evaporates. Three jubilant children who waited eargerly all day for the sun to come out with crowed together with their faces pressed against the aluminum frame window. Now donning bright colored rainboots they dash and splash their way across the water logged lawn strewn with puddles. Its May and its 62 degrees outside, they know its only a matter of time before it starts down pouring again, the winds pick up and the temperature begins to drop to 42 degrees for the night. I call out to them to stay on the swingset while I walk to our young wheelchair bound neighbors house to see if he has eaten today. They squeal with delight and ask to come with me, I sigh and smile and pause before tellling them its okay to come with me today. They skip and jump and slosh across the lawn and follow me to his door in a singlefile line. They are like baby ducks and I am trying to teach them to be kind and good and that life is not about slowing down to look both ways to care about what other people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment